Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I am awake; I am alive.

Some family from Indiana arrived today.  I usually hate their company, but this year they seem more tolerable.  Especially Uncle D.  I never realized how likable he is.  Aunt B is a rarity in our family.  Tall, thin, and stylish.  Everyone else is short and squishy, soft, pale, and doughy.  We look like the definition of white middle-class.  I will look like Aunt B one day.  I swear it.

We sat outside by the fire pit for a long time.  They all made s'mores, but I resisted.  My smile never slipped as I declined, even as I was salivating for just a morsel of chocolate.  I couldn't have eaten one if I wanted to, anyway.  Marshmallows contain gelatin, and gelatin is a big no-no for vegetarians.  

My sister was running around, snapping pictures.  In them, I noticed I have developed a single thin body part: my neck.  It is long, pale, and slender.  I am the ugly duckling, slowly developing into a swan.  It seems strange that my neck and collarbones would appear first.  I can't stop touching the hollowness my collarbones form when I shrug my shoulders.  I am still 155 pounds.  I shouldn't be developing skinny girl parts yet.  I feel like I'm cheating, going out of order.  Not that I'm complaining, of course (:  The only bad part is that my boobs are shrinking.  I knew it would happen because I always lose weight in my tits first, but I didn't expect to drop back down to a B cup quite yet.  Oh well.



1 comment:

  1. My family looks like that too :P
    Same here with the collor bones :) it's great isn't it!
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete