Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blackbean Burger with Mushrooms and Pineapple Sauteed in Soy Sauce

I just made this, and it was soooo good.  All you do is throw a few chopped up mushrooms and pineapple chunks into a skillet with a dash of soy sauce.  Sauté until the mushrooms and pineapple are cooked through, and then move the mixture to a plate.  Take a blackbean burger patty (like from Morning Star), and warm in the skillet.  As the burger is finishing, throw the mushroom and pineapple mixture back on top to let the flavors marry.

It's tasty, filling, and best of all, low cal.

Morning Star Blackbean Burger: 120
4 sliced mushrooms: ~10
A handful of pineapple chunks: ~25
1 tbs of Soy Sauce: 5

You get a full meal for somewhere around 160 cal.  I wouldn't eat it on a low-cal day, but the SGD has bestowed me with a whole 650 calories today, so this was perfect.  I thought it was too delicious to not share :)

3 comments:

  1. oh that sounds delicious! I think I might steal this from you in the near future :)
    dontcha just love SGD weekends?
    lots of smiles- Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM it sounds delicious! and I got my 5-htp supplements from wal-mart. i should definetly try this meal, but unfortunetly I'm not much of a fan of mushroom.

    xo Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds to die for! I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete