Monday, April 11, 2011

Cautious Optimism

The storms have passed over Mississippi, and now the skies are beautiful.  Light shines down golden through the clouds, and I imagine that I am so light that the gusting wind can carry me away.  Perhaps one day.

My 40 hour fast went wonderfully.  I wasn't really hungry until around 37 hours, but that's because everyone eats in my third period.  A is usually digging into her salad behind me.  My debate parter K is eating a plethora of junk food that seemingly never goes to her waist.  Another kid is stuffing his face with one of those atrocious milk-'n'-cereal bars.  And still another girl is working her way through a Subway footlong.  There's just no way to escape the sights and smells and sounds of the food.  But I lasted until lunchtime, which is when I planned to break the fast anyway.  So I am pleased.

Intake: 
Water (1.5 liters and counting): 0
Tea (2 cups): 0
Diet Coke: 0
Tomato sandwich on light bread: 110
Apple: 80
Orange: 60
1 1/2 cups homemade veggie soup: ~135 (That's estimating really high)

Out:
15 minutes on treadmill: 170
Planned for later: 100 crunches, squats, and shadow boxing which equals about 87

4 comments:

  1. congrats on the fast! I hate when people eat around me, it makes me cave and eat too. You're doing really awesome with this diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thousand congrats on the fast! (: Sometimes when people eat really high calorie foods around me, I think "ha if only you knew how many calories are in that thing". Your progress is motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I don't know how you do it! Makes me want to plan a fast a uni (but with exams I can't really...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your success! Have I told you that I live in Alabama? It feels like everyone else on Blogger is in Cali or the UK.

    ReplyDelete